When you’re in a rush for work, you want to look polished and put together, but you don’t have much time to do it. Here’s a quick tutorial to ease the stressfulness of choosing your makeup 🙂
- Prime. Yes, I know this is always the first step, but it’s important! Remember to prime up to the browbone.
- Apply a shimmery champagne eyeshadow. You can bring it above the lid if you like. (If you want a good cream shadow, I recommend Maybelline’s 24 Hr Color Tattoo Cream Shadow in Barely Branded)
- CHOICE: You can EITHER use an angled eyeliner brush to apply a matte black eyeshadow on the outer corner of your eyes (see top picture for example) OR use a felt-tipped black liquid eyeliner to draw a clean cat-eye (see bottom picture for example). Remember to draw in, not out. Start your cat eye at the tip of the flick and draw in toward your eye, following the angle of your lower lash line.
- Curl your eyelashes and apply two coats of very black waterproof mascara.
- Fill in your eyebrows! You will look much more polished and professional immediately. Don’t go crazy on your eyebrows, though. Fill in, don’t draw on. Powder, a light pencil, or a brow mascara is more natural looking than a dark gel.
- Finish your makeup with matte foundation, fresh pink or berry blush, and pink or berry lipstick.
- This look would be great with a sleek chignon or french twist. Be sure to use a smoothing cream to tame any frizzies!
What is your go-to look for work? Did this tutorial help you out? Let me know in the comments!