If you’re anything like me, your curly hair drives you crazy sometimes. If it’s a good hair day, your curls are perfect and smooth – but most of the time, your curls are crazy, frizzy, uneven spirals. Straightening your hair every day isn’t really an option, because, among other reasons, it takes a long time! If you want to transform your hair from messy curls to loose beach waves, read on!
What You Need:
- Wet hair
- Blow dryer
- Heat protectant
- Smoothing or wave hair cream
- Salt spray
- Root volumizing spray (optional)
- Time! After showering or washing your hair, you’ll need at least 10-20 minutes to dry your hair fully.
- Dry your hair with a t-shirt or microfiber towel to reduce frizz.
- Once your hair is damp (NOT WET), apply root volumizing spray and heat protectant.
- Apply hair cream and spritz on a little bit of salt spray. Once you apply both products, tousle your hair to get messy waves but do not scrunch.
- Begin blow drying on low heat. Blow dry with the dryer above your head, blowing air downwards. This will keep your curls from bouncing up.
- Stretch your curls as you dry them, making sure they don’t re-spiral.
- Apply more cream intermittently, as you see fit (to tame frizz or smooth any unruly curls).
Enjoy your lovely beach waves!
Do you have curly hair? Do you leave your hair natural or do you straighten it? Did this tutorial help you out? Let me know in the comments!